angry_mustache

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:15 AM

The warfront

wom0q7f.png

Casus Belli and Background

This war was long in the making, and above everything shows Russians hold grudges.

N3 Coalition

Named after the 3 founding alliances of Northern Coalition., Nulli Secunda, and Nexus fleet, N3 came into being after the end of the Tribute war of 2012. The then displaced NC. formed a partnership with also displaced Nulli Secunda and decided to invade the Drone Russian Regions with the help of Pandemic Legion. The newly formed coalition was successful in removing Solar Fleet, and took over the rental empire left behind by Solar. Recently, N3 intervened in the CFC vs TEST Fountain war on the side of TEST alliance, but was unsuccessful in halting the invasion.

Faced with a prospective Russian invasion, N3 decided to strike first, sparking the Halloween War.

Solar Fleet and Black Legion

In early 2013, the newly formed N3 coalition and their allies in Pandemic Legion invaded the eastern dronelands that had traditionally be the home of EVE’s Russian alliances. Since the Drone Russian civil war of 2012, the Drone regions were controlled by Solar Fleet following their victory over Legion of xXDeathXx. Solar was largely removed from their space, and eviction became complete after a N3 decided to purge remaining Solar space after the S2N Citizens sov drop during the Fountain war.

Exiled, Solar found an ally in Black Legion. Solar had hired Black Legion in the defense of Drone space, and now found themselves united by their animosity towards N3. Solar Fleet looks to regain its space and BL. looking to fight their rivals PL and NC. as much as possible.

Stainwagon

The current incarnation of the Stainwagon power bloc is a continuation of the long series of Russian/Eastern European alliances living around the Stain area.

After the Southern war of 2012, the old Southern Alliance was destroyed by the TEST/PL led Honey Badgers Coalition (HBC), and Darkness of Despair formed from the Russian speaking corps of several SoCo alliances, including Red Overlord and Against ALL authorities. After the collapse of the HBC following the departure of TEST and PL, Stainwagon attacked the HBC remnant “Dinner Squadron” led by The Initiative <INIT> and EMP, re-conquering much of the old SoCo space.

The eastern Russians of the Drone regions and southern Russians of Stainwagon have mixed relations historically, having fought each other as many times as they have allied with each other. On October 30th, leaked standings showed that Solar and Stainwagon had allied with each other, and large amounts of Solar capital ships staged in a  -A- system 2 jumps from N3 territory. In response, N3 launched a preemptive headshots of the -A- staging system of GE-8, kicking off the “Halloween war”

Belligerents

N3 Coalition + Pandemic Legion

·        Pandemic Legion <-10.0>

·        Northern Coalition. <NC.>

·        Nulli Secunda <S2N>

·        Insidious Empire <EMP>

·        The Kadeshi  <THOR>

·        Nexus Fleet <NEXUS>

·        Unthinkables <INK>

·        WHY so Serious <WHYSO>

·        Spaceship Samurai <HONOR>

·        And others

StainWaggon+Solar+BL.

·        Solar Fleet <SOLAR>

·        Black Legion. <BL.>

·        Darkness of Despair <-DD->

·        Against ALL Authorities <.-A-.>

·        Darkness. <DARK.>

·        C0VEN <C0VEN>

·        And others

CFC Curse “third party” deployment, aligned with Stainwagon CFC officially declared for Stainwagon

·        Goonswarm Federation <CONDI>/CFC squads

·        Razor Alliance <-RZR->

·        The Initiative  <INIT.>

CFC separate deployment to Kalevala Expanse  Now ended

-Gentlemen's agreement <GENTS>

-Fidelas Constans <FCON>

-Circle-of-Two <CO2>

The war to date (11/7)

The war started with a failed N3 headshot on GE-8. Afterwards, the war settled into a steady rhythm of very large fleets and heavy Time Dilation. Russians would reinforce N3 systems, which would be time for US Timezone, forcing the Russians to stay up until the early morning hours to contest the timer. So far, the Russian attention has been focused on KW-I6, a lone S2N system in Russian held Catch, and G15Z-W, a N3 system in Immensea. Both these fights stretched for hours in heavy Tidi, and KW-I6 ended in a node crash.

11/25 Update

Faced with large numbers of DTF/CFC subcaps after official CFC intervention, N3/PL has deployed large numbers of "Slowcat" sentry carriers to establish superiority. With all sides deploying server intensive drone fleets, server performance in the Halloween war has been decidedly poor. The sentry carrier fleet has yet to suffer a decisive loss despite CFC/DTF attempting Dreadnought escalations on two occasions; once by Black Legion and Razor in E-Y, and once by Solar Fleet+Stainwagon in ZJA . E-Y ended in an N3 supercap escalation, and the Dread fleet was only saved by a node crash. The ZJA drop was more successful, with the Russians being able to destroy a number of carriers before the carrier fleet de-agressed and docked.

One month into the war, and virtually no space has changed hands. While heavy pressure has been put on the sole N3 catch system of E-Y and the S2N staging system of I-N, both systems have yet to fall. The only sov exchange in the war has been in the Kalevala Expanse, where GENTS flipped a number of NC. un-IHUB'd systems.

12/11 Update

While engagements in the south continue at a brisk pace, very few systems have changed hands. DTF+CFC have yet to find a viable counter for the massed sentry carriers fielded by NC.+PL, and N3 has saved many systems on defensive timers. This led to the CFC announcement of mass adoption of "Omegafleet" artillery Naglfars to break through the spider tanking carriers with sheer alpha. The main front in the south will continue to simmer until either DTF+CFC find a way to defeat massed sentry carriers, or either side loses the will to fight.

While the main front in Immensea stalls, DTF and N3 have been skirmishing in Omist, with some space trading hands. Meanwhile, the GENTS/FCON/CO2 incursion up north in Kaevala has been beaten by by EMP with N3 support.

Resources

Public Timerboard, http://timerboard.net/ , managed by Lucia Denniard of PIZZA

Local/Dscan tool http://eve-dingo.com/index.php# , created by DingoGS of CONDI

TMC Twitch Stream http://www.twitch.tv/themittanidotcom , DBRB will stream battles

Edited by angry_mustache, 19 December 2013 - 10:17 PM.

#2 angry_mustache

angry_mustache

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

The Archives, media and articles

Theatre Map week 1

10/31 War Start

11/2 GE- timer

11/4 Doril attempted Titan Gank

11/4 G15-Z battle

11/5 KW- Supercapital Fight/ Node Crash

11/8 Accidental -A- Sov drop in F4T

11/9 Nulli system in Catch falls, -A- regains F4T sov

11/11 Russian headshot on Nulli staging system of I-NG fails

11/15 Goonswarm officially joins on side of RusRus

11/18 Fleet fight in L7X, PL loses 40+ Navy Apocs

11/21 N3 hotdrops Titan in CFC staging system, destroys CFC Domi fleet at the cost of Tech 3's

11/23 Capital Escalation in E-Y, CFC/DTF dreads saved by node crash

11/23 Capital Escalation in ZJA, 150 dreads vs 300 carriers

Edited by angry_mustache, 26 November 2013 - 02:03 AM.

#3 angry_mustache

angry_mustache

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:19 AM

Wars in EVE are possibly the finest spectacles in EVE, and it's a shame that so few actually get to see the war up close, and even fewer can say "I was there" and tell the tale.

The above posts are designed to get people up to speed on the War front with minimal prior knowledge, and this thread serves as general discussion for war related topic. Feel free to post Battle reports, Local scans, screenshots etc. Particularly spectacular posts will be linked to in the OP for all to enjoy.

Keep in mind this is not Kugutsumen, and standard Kugu quality posts will be purged by moderators, Powers is a stern god but he is also a fair god.

Edited by angry_mustache, 07 November 2013 - 07:29 AM.

#4 KuroVolt

KuroVolt

Never Not Posting

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

The image makes it look like Provi is siding with DTF.

#5 yaman

yaman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:05 AM

This is why were so scared! Wouldn't you be?

1T9vwhs.jpg

#6 Gumpin

Gumpin

got gumption

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

Mr Vee really likes to sock stuff.

#7 Cease to Hope

Cease to Hope

bitter nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:42 AM

This is why were so scared! Wouldn't you be?

idgi, is this pro- or anti-rusbloc propaganda, because its pretty great

#8 Craig

Craig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

Whos rooting for who ?

#9 Siege Torpedo

Siege Torpedo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

Whos rooting for who ?

I don't care who wins, I'm just hoping for a nice, long bloc war with lots of awesome fights to entertain me.

#10 Craig

Craig

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

I don't care who wins, I'm just hoping for a nice, long bloc war with lots of awesome fights to entertain me.

wish i could delpoy and work along side one of the forces

#11 The Mittani

The Mittani

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

This is pretty rapidly turning into another 'mass subcaps vs sentry carriers' bloc war. Terribly exciting~ 

#12 Lucy OreIess

Lucy OreIess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:33 AM

This is pretty rapidly turning into another 'mass subcaps vs sentry carriers' bloc war. Terribly exciting~ 

Don't forget the TIDI on top of that, because that is the part which makes me all moist and tender.... :negativeman-55f:

#13 GordanSchumway

GordanSchumway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

Don't forget the TIDI on top of that, because that is the part which makes me all moist and tender.... :negativeman-55f:

at least I can read briefs while my ship orbits some guy while another guy shoots it for me. My killboard's going to be so boss by the end of the semester. Oh and my Necromunda/Warhammer figurines are sportin' a fresh coat of paint. 

#14 GordanSchumway

GordanSchumway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

If Eve wasn't run by Goons CCP would rebalance technetium, and N3 would be in Deklein by May I think. 

Namasté

#15 The Mittani

The Mittani

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Looks like there will be a big 10% tidi fest in C3- today around 20:30 EVE. Both N3 and RUS are banging the war-drums as hard as they can.

#16 Helicon One

Helicon One

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

c3-?

That brings back memories

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ua4KVwiAbZ4

#17 Marlona Sky

Marlona Sky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

Looks like there will be a big 10% tidi fest in C3- today around 20:30 EVE. Both N3 and RUS are banging the war-drums as hard as they can.

Anything big happening yet? Stuck at work. :(

#18 Fathis Munk

Fathis Munk

Can't Stop Using A Keyboard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

Hide yo structures, hide yo caps, the goons are coming.

#19 Siege Torpedo

Siege Torpedo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

Hide yo structures, hide yo caps, the goons are coming.

Unless they fuck themselves up.  This is goons we're talking about, I have nothing against them but everyone knows that the only counter to goons is more goons.  (See Asakai, Khartoum)

#20 The Mittani

The Mittani

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

GENTS supercaps torching TCUs in Kalevala (replaced by NCdot by now, though) and the main CFC force moving into G-0 today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users